Shopping and 3D Secure
Experience a more secure online experience. No up-front registration, username or password is required when shopping online at a 3D Secure merchant. You will receive a One-Time-Password (OTP) that will only be valid for one transaction, protecting your British Airways Credit Card against fraudulent online use.
Online shopping safety tips
Online shopping is quick, easy, and convenient – however, there are still some safety factors that need to be considered when using your credit card to make purchases online.
- Only place an order with your credit card on trusted websites that are verified as secure sites (look for the lock image on the toolbar).
- On the web page where you enter your credit card or other personal information, look for an "s" after ‘http://’ in the web address of that page - it should read: ‘https://’. The encryption is a security measure that scrambles your data as it is entered.
- Ensure that the website is authentic and secure by finding out what other shoppers say. Some websites, such as epinions.com and bizrate.com have customer evaluations, which can help you determine a company's legitimacy.
- Do not send emails that contain personal information such as your card number and expiry date.
- Use good quality antivirus software – such as the free software we provide for our Internet Banking and WAP-based Cellphone Banking customers.