Customer Service Charter
As one of South Africa's leading financial services providers, we at Absa, aim to change the face of banking. That's why we're totally committed to the Code of Banking Practice, and accept all legally binding judiciary rules as recommended by the Ombudsman for Banking Services (OBS) (previously - Bank Adjudicator). Your experience with Absa is important to us, and in striving towards service excellence, we need your help.
Please assist us by rating our service. After all, it's about listening, learning and growing together. We have defined our dispute resolution process in order to deal with all complaints.
Absa's Customer Charter sets out our commitment to providing the highest standard of customer service. We seek to meet your financial needs by offering quality financial advice, products and services. Our customers are the cornerstone of our business and we consistently strive to 'walk the talk' and exceed your expectations by anticipating and meeting your needs.
Responsiveness, efficiency and quality are among the high goals that we set for ourselves, together with integrity and transparency in all our dealings. We value our people and invest in them to ensure the delivery of these goals, while constantly working to better our knowledge and service standards.
We established our own Customer Charter in December 2006 and will continue to work on delivering the best possible service and products to you.
Our value to you:
We strive to:
- Work together as a team, putting you at the centre of everything we do
- Deliver a service that feels effortless, is consistent, seamless and error free
- Keep you informed at all times - we know that your time is precious
- If we fail to deliver on our service promises, we commit ourselves to always correct the situation as soon as possible
We strive to:
- Ensure affordability and good value for your money. Ask us to help you find the right products to suit your needs
- Give responsible and professional advice through our expert consultants to meet your more intricate financial needs. We will advise you on building your personal capital by helping you save, invest and borrow wisely
- Provide you with flexibility and freedom of choice by advising you on banking products and services that better meet your needs and give you the freedom of choice to switch to other products and services when you require
- Conduct our business in a fair and reasonable manner with uncompromising integrity and transparency in all our dealings. We encourage you to ask us to explain our costs and charges to you
- Recognise you as a unique individual and will apply our skilled resources not only to meet your specific requirements but surpass your expectations of what a bank should deliver
We strive to:
- Provide access and convenience. We have the largest number of ATMs in SA, and with our safe Internet and Cellphone Banking facilities we put banking within your reach 24 hours a day, locally and internationally
- Deliver consistently high levels of service at any of our more than 750 branches nationwide
- Guarantee peace of mind with the assurance that your money has been entrusted to one of the world’s leading banks. Our strong support network is always there to protect and guide you through every step of your financial journey. We are totally committed to the Code of Banking Practice
- Ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is respected at all times according to the laws and codes of conduct that govern the banking industry and our employees