British Airways Credit Card Offer
The Absa British Airways Visa Credit Card is your portal to explore more of the world, offering you a range of exclusive features and benefits to help make your travels even better. Get the credit card that is welcomed in more places than any other card. And, because you collect Avios whenever you make a purchase, it helps you see more of the world – sooner!
If you join today you could get up to 9 000 Avios on your spending in the first three months, which is enough for a return flight from Johannesburg to Durban - or even Victoria Falls:
- 5 000 Avios when you use your card for the first time
- 4 000 bonus Avios when you spend R24 000 in the first three months
- Collect one Avios for every R7.50 on everyday spend
- Earn faster by collecting one Avios for every R5.00 spent exclusively at British Airways
- British Airways Executive Club membership (exclusive benefits on www.ba.com)
- Use your Avios to book both domestic and international flights
- Individually determined credit limit
- No transaction fees on purchases at till points (excluding cash withdrawals, casino transactions, Internet Banking transfers and budget plan)
- Optional secondary card application can be done at Branch.
- Up to 55 days interest free credit on qualifying purchases (excluding cash withdrawals, casino transactions, Internet Banking transfers, fuel and budget plan purchases)
- Budget facility available for purchases over R300 with extended credit that gives you 6 to 48 months to pay
- Full ATM functionality, including cash withdrawals from any ATM worldwide
- Electronic monthly statements available at no additional cost
- Make cash withdrawals at selected ATMs and bank counters around the world
- Chip and PIN technology giving you enhanced security
- Contactless (Tap-and Pay) technology
- Safe online shopping through 3D Secure and OTP (One-Time Password) technology
- Lost Card Protection, which means that if your card is lost or stolen, you will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions that may occur on the card after you have reported the loss or theft
- Basic Travel Insurance cover whenever international return travel tickets are purchased with the option to purchase Top Up Cover
- Optional NotifyMe for SMS updates of withdrawals, deposits, payments and transfers made on your credit card account at a fee
- Optional Card Life Plan which covers the outstanding balance up to R150 000.00 in the event of death or permanent total disability, and 10% of the average outstanding balance for six months in the event of Retrenchment
- Monthly income of R8 000
- Valid ID
- Proof of residence
- Older than 18 years
- Subject to individual credit review
The following interest rates are applicable from 02 June 2023:
Point of sale: 22.25%
Cash and Fuel: 22.25%
Credit balance: 0.20%
Customers who apply for and are accepted for an Absa British Airways Visa Credit Card will be eligible for a 9 000 Avios bonus. 5 000 Avios will be awarded on the first qualifying card transaction and a further 4 000 Avios will be awarded if you spend R24 000 during the first three months on Qualifying Expenditure on the Absa British Airways Visa Credit Card. Please note, the first months spend starts from the date your account was opened not the date you receive your card so you may not get a full calendar month to spend. The Avios will be awarded within eight weeks of the qualifying spend being achieved.
Qualifying expenditure means all expenditure using an Absa British Airways Visa Credit Card excluding balance transfers, cash advances, and amounts billed more than once in whole or in part for the relevant period, delinquency charges, annual fees and interest. The Avios will not be awarded if the goods purchased under the qualifying spend are returned.
Customers will only be eligible for one joining bonus from British Airways. In the event that a customer re-applies for the Absa British Airways Visa Credit Card, Absa may process an application and issue the British Airways Visa Credit Card but British Airways will not award a further bonus offer.